Happy New Year everyone!
I hope you had a great party, or a wonderful, cozy evening. Whatever you prefer more. But the thing is, all of us know that in truth, nothing much has changed from yesterday to today. I’m still sitting at my laptop and try to study, you might still be reading the same book as you did yesterday.
The only difference is really, that some of us set up a few (or lots of ) new year’s resolutions. But who can actually live according to them throughout the next year? The truth is, some might not even make it till the end of January.
Be it more sports, less smoking, losing the five pounds you gained in December or something else, successful are the least of us. That’s why I actually didn’t bother for quite some time to come up with any resolutions at all. I’m just not that disciplined ( except if I want to study, I just love my books ❤ ) I’ll show you what I want to do better in 2017 – and how I’m going to accomplish it!
This year, I want to change a few small things:
- I want to do some sports
- I want to eat a little bit healthier
- I want to take better care of myself
- Get rid of my TBR mountain
- In 2016, I had a big surgery and wasn’t able to do any sport at all. Before, I was fine and I went to the gym about twice a week. I want to go to the gym again, and do a few short exercises a few days a week at home. My cousin will get married this summer and I want to look my best.
- After the same surgery, I couldn’t really move or lift, well a purse, so me and my bf only ever bought things when there was really nothing left in the house. Chips, cans, bread and bread, bread, bread! I want to eat more fruits and less milk, cheese and eggs, maybe even less salty.
- 2016 was a good year, even though I had extreme health issues. Everything turned out fine in the end, but I think I should try not to stress and fuss over things. I want to try to take more ME time during the week and do more with friends.
- It’s growing way too fast
- I started this morning, after sleeping in, with five minutes of biceps, triceps and back muscle training. I talked to my bf while I did it to not over do it. This will be this first thing every second morning, because when I’m still a little tired and sleepy, I tend not to think so much so I can’t say ‘I have too much to do’. I will always have 5 minutes for that.
- We do cheat days every week and I want to start cooking on cheat days instead of eating chips and ice-cream all day. Just things that you normally think have too much calories like burgers, lasagna or chips. But if I make them myself, I can decide what to put in them and how much fat you use. It’s not the healthiest food, but the ingredients will be better. Also, I bought a few veggie spreads so I don’t rely too much on cheese.
- I think this will be the hardest part of all. But the first step has already been taken a few days ago. I quit my old job. In Germany, after you quit, you have to work for the company a few weeks longer. So they can find replacement and you a new job. I have written a few applications and I’ll go from there. I hated this job and the people made me angry all the time. I’m searching for a job where I can work fewer hours per week. Then I’ll have more time for my studies and won’t be so stressed out and always behind schedule. I actually hope to read a little more, take a bath sometimes. Nothing special, just more listening to what I want instead of always doing what has to be done.
- Read more, of course. But I also want to write a few posts about my TBR to get me going 😀