This is a weekly meme hosted by It’s A Reading Thing. I think it’s a cool way to let you guys know what I am currently reading. Let the show begin…
How to participate:
Grab the book you are currently reading and answer three questions:
1. What’s the name of your current read?
2. Go to page 34 in your book or 34% in your eBook and share a couple of sentences.
3. Would you like to live in the world that exists within your book? Why or why not?
Don’t forget to go to her original post and leave a link so others can find your post 😉
1. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
2.”“No,” I snapped. “It involves the future of a kingdom and everyone in it.
“A pity,” he said, and took me by the arm, leading me to the aft hatch. “I thought you worked for Ravka,” I said angrily. “I work for the fattest purse.”
“So you’d sell your country to the Darkling for a little gold?”
“No, for a lot of gold,” he said. “I assure you, I don’t come cheap.” He gestured to the hatch. “After you.” With Sturmhon’s help, I made it back to my cabin, where two Grisha guards were waiting to lock me inside. The captain bowed and left me without another word.“
3. Siege and Stone is (so far) a very interesting read. The story takes place in a land far away, where people speak russian (leaned it at school so I understand the little bits we get to read). The land is struggling to regain control of a part of their own country, reigned by dead creatures and those that bring death to humans easily. So I don’t think I would like to live in this dangerous, depressing and uncertain world. But it’s a lot of fun reading about it haha.
What are you currently reading? Would you like to live in such a world? What is the world you’re reading about like? Let’s chat in the comments 😉