This is a weekly meme hosted by It’s A Reading Thing. I think it’s a cool way to let you guys know what I am currently reading. Let the show begin…
How to participate:
Grab the book you are currently reading and answer three questions:
1. What’s the name of your current read?
2. Go to page 34 in your book or 34% in your eBook and share a couple of sentences.
3. Would you like to live in the world that exists within your book? Why or why not?
Don’t forget to go to her original post and leave a link so others can find your post 😉
1. Red Winter by Annette Marie
2. “Ring the bell. Bow twice. Clap twice. She put her hands together and tilted her head down, eyes closed. Amaterasu, please help me get through the next two months. We’re almost there. Thank you for protecting me. And, as always, thank you for choosing me.
She almost asked the kami to help her with Fujimoto and Nanako- and maybe Katsuo too- but she figured the shrine’s caretakers were her problem to deal with. She’d rather Amaterasu focus whatever power she had to spare on keeping Emi safe. She’s just the first one who’S lives this long… Grimacing, Emi pushed Nanako’s bitter words away. After nearly ten years, she had a mere seven weeks to get through, and then there would be no danger – mundane or supernatural – that could threaten her.“
3. Actually I would very much enjoy to live in this world because on the one hand, we have modern Japan, on the other hand we have ancient yokai, destinies to be fulfilled and a world to be saved. Who wouldn’t want to live in such a world?
What are you currently reading? Do you like the world in which the story takes place? Would you like to live in this version of Japan? Let’s chat in the comments 😉