This is a monthly theme I started last month. I love checking my mailbox and finding something nice inside! That’s why I have made up my mind, chumps, and will introduce you to the wonderful world of book boxes. Since I love books and everything bookish, I have been craving to get my hands on a book box. It’s a monthly, or weekly subscription box with usually one book, selected for you according to your preference. I will purchase boxes and review them on my blog, so you can decide for yourself which box is something you’d like to have.
I know this moth will be over soon but I haven’t had a good night’s sleep for two weeks because I have so many deadlines and presentations these days! But it wasn’t all that bad when I received my second Novel Tea Club bookish box.
Every month, I will present you with my newest box, including brand, costs, selection options (genres etc) and review. After I’ve tested a box for two or three months, depending on subscription options, I will review the offer so you can make up your mind about joining this wonderful experience.
But you may ask yourself WHY? Why spend money on books and wait for them when I can buy them in the next bookstore? Well guys, this is a serious and relevant question, so I want to answer it right away:
I like book boxes because you get a present every month. Yeah, it’s true, you DID pay for you little gift box but the thing is that it’s still a surprise. You don’t know what you’ll get and I just LOVE surprises!
Shipping and Payment
Since I already paid for three months (three boxes) I didn’t have to pay anymore. The shipment was better this time since the NEW postal service of Novel Tea Club actually managed to put the right name on my package BUT since they changed the service, they changed the size of the boxes as well. Unfortunately, they didn’t adjust the amount of paper they put inside to secure the items within. Therefore, one of the items within the box got smashed 😦
The November box contained
- Two stickers “Tea Game Strong” and “Fall books” which were really cute.
- A blue card which kind of reminded me a little when Picollo and Gohan become friends (hope you don’t mind me rambling here)
- The Book Bright Smoke, Cold Fire. I actually haven’t it yet, but I heard a lot of great things about it so far. BTW isn’t the cover beautiful? So mysterious!
- And as always, there was a hand picked tea. This time from “Bad Girl God Tea”. It was a chai kind of tea that I actually didn’t like as much as the last one. I tried it when I woke up one day really feeling like a cup of chai would make my day, but it wasn’t my cup of tea (pun intended 😉 ).
- At the top of the left hand side you can see a cute soap that smells wonderful and the package is really nice as well!
- There is actually one thing missing. There was a bath ball that smelled wonderfully, but half of it had been reduced to ashes before I even got to open the package.
About the box
The Novel Tea Club is all about a night alone with a wonderful cup of tea and a great read! You can not only subscribe to three-, six-, or twelve month boxes, but there’s also a small shop where you can find books and other bookish items.
Duration: Currently, you can purchase three-, six-, or twelve month boxes.
1.Three Months: If you pay month by month you pay approx. 27USD for each box. If you pay three months in advance, you pay about 75USD (status Oct. 7th 2016).
2. Six Months and Twelve Months: Here, you can only pay in advance, which is OK because to take that you’ll know you want the boxes. For six months you pay about 15o USD and for twelve, about 286 USD.
Genres: Romance, Young Adult and Fantasy (with a little sci-fi)
What I Chose: I chose the three month subscription box and paid in advance. The genre I chose was Young Adult.